Personal information we collect
For the purposes described in this Policy, MEYIA may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identification and Contact information (such as name, address, phone number or e-mail address), when you are willing to provide them for instance to sign up for an online account or when you purchase something from our store.
- Payment information: Credit card details, paypal account details or other payment details which you must provide as part of the buying and selling process when you purchase something from our store.
- Demographic information like your gender and birthday.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address which provide us with information that helps us learn about the browser you are using, and your browsing behaviour.
- Information you submit or post in a public space, on our social media pages or our website, for example for a product review as well as information you post on third party websites or social media platforms about MEYIA products.
- Information about products you purchased and their prices online or in stores.
- Personal information is also collected from third parties (e.g. through social media platforms)
Purposes of information collection
The collected information will be used for the following purposes:
- To process your order and deliver your products as well as to respond to your requests, questions, and complaints.
- Marketing purposes: with your permission, we may use your information to contact you, about new products, special offers promotional material and other updates we think you will find valuable.
- Improvement: we may use your information to make our website, products and services better.
- For exporting regional statistics and to measure our campaigns or promotions effectiveness.
- For security purposes.
- o maintain transaction and other business records for legal, administrative and audit purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or when it is required by the decision of another public authority.
- When it is necessary authorized personnel have access to your personal information e.g. to handle your requests, billing, internal audit.
- We may also share personal information with third-party providers that perform services on our behalf such as providers involved in the maintenance of our website or social media. In general, the third-party providers we use willonly collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners.
Consent – Access to collected information
When you provide us with personal information to create an account, complete a transaction, verify your credit card, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it.
The Customer has the right to have access to all information given to us and raise any objections to the processing of data concerning him.
You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you. If you request such access, we will provide you with all the information as required by law. You may also request that we correct, amend, erase, any information which is incomplete, out of date or inaccurate. You can also request the deletion of your Personal information.
You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect certain information through cookies, web beacons and other automated means. A cookie is a text file which is stored in a dedicated area of your device’s hard drive, for instance when you visit online service, when you read an email or while installing or using a mobile app. A cookie allows its senderto identify the device on which it is stored during the period of validity of consent, which does not exceed 13 months.
We use the following cookies:
- Cookies which are functional to collect information which will allow us to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences, memorizing log-in, or saving the content of your shopping basket.
- Cookies to collect information on your behaviour by collecting referring URLS (where our visitors come from, which banners they clicked on and which directed them to our website), pages accessed, times of websites visits. Such information will allow us to enhance our website, have a better understanding of the products and services you would prefer.
- Cookies for web analytics to measure the web sites activity and determine the areas of the web sites which are the most visited, hence improving visibility of our content.
- Cookies to ensure security of online transactions/purchases through device fingerprinting, which allows to identify certain aspects of the equipment used to place an order.
- Third party cookies (delivered by advertising agencies, analytics providers, etc.) enabling them to collect browsing information on your Devices, including to measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns on third party websites. Third party cookies are subject to said third party privacy policies. We hereby inform you about the purpose of these cookies and how you can manage them, to the extent we are aware thereof.
- We may include in our website the possibility to share content with third parties or to let other persons know you browsed our website. Such is the casefor instance of “Like” and “Share” functionalities offered by social network platforms (“Facebook”, “Twitter”, etc). Social networks which offer these functionalities may identify you even though you do not use these functionalities on our website. Indeed, such functionalities allow social networkplatforms to track information about your browsing on our website whenever your social network account is active while browsing our website. We do not control how these platforms collect your personal data while you are browsing our website. We invite you to read the Privacy policies of these social networksto find out how they use information they collect (including for advertising purposes) through these buttons. These Privacy policies should provide you information about how to manage your preferences on your social networks account.
Except for functional or security cookies, the use of cookie on a Device depends on the user’s choice, which can be made and modified freely and at any time. You can manage cookies by setting your browser to accept or reject cookies on your Device, either globally or cookie by cookie.
Personal information retention period
Your personal information will be kept:
- For three (3) years since our last contact, if you are a potential client.
- For ten (10) years since your last purchase, if you are a client.
- In case of a judicial action the personal information may be stored until the end of such action.
Your personal data are then anonymized or deleted.
We recognize the importance of the security of your Personal Data and your electronic transactions. Therefore, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental lossor alteration, unauthorized disclosure, misuse or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. We take all the necessary measures, using the most up-to-date and advanced methods, to ensure maximum security.
We cannot guarantee that any of your personal information will be completely safe since Internet is not completely secure.
Age of Consent
You must be at least sixteen years old to provide us with your personal information and eighteen years old to engage in transactions on our websites. Byengaging in transactions with us, you affirm that you are at least eighteen years old and are fully able to enter and be legally bound by such transactions.